Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 10- Stencils

For this week we created a stencil and used the paper cutter to cut it out. The goal was to get all the whites to touch or all the blacks to touch to get at least one perfect stencil. This is the stencil that I came with. I chose to do baby Groot. To create this stencil I looked at two different photos, one to get most of his face and the other to get the top of his head.

This was the original stencil that I added an offset oval to to create an interesting composition.
I then took the stencil and used a program called Silhouette studio and created a tracing of it to use in the paper cut 
For the piece to be cut out I used a brown piece of card stock since Groot is brown. I then pasted the cut out paper on top of a piece of navy blue card stock since I really liked the color combination. this was the final result.  

No comments:

Post a Comment